6th Annual 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run
Sunday, July 9, 2017 - 5 pm
Kick-off of our 2017 Outdoor Sunday Evenings' Event Series!
• Competitive 5K race
• 5K walk
• Family-friendly 1 mile Fun Run
• Winners in various gender/age ranges will receive a medal
• Door prizes
• Free BBQ dinner following the race
JOIN, INVITE, LIKE, SHARE, with your facebook friends online.
2017 Event Details:
• Chip Timing for 5Ks (Timing by Zornick)
• Bag Check for all
• 5K Race ($5.00 until June 25, $10 after that): Starts 5 pm
for age 10+
• 5K Walk ($5.00 until June 25, $10 after that): Starts 5 pm (Behind runners)
for age 10+ or accompanied by an adult
• 1Mile Fun Run (FREE!): Starts 6 pm
for age 8+ or accompanied by an adult
• 10 male and 10 female age division 1st place medal winners in the 5K Run (ages 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-59, 60 and better)
• Larger medals for top 3 overall male and top 3 overall female 5K race winners.
• Door Prizes for pre-registrants, provided by: The Joint Chiropractic, Ace Hardware Progress Ridge, Play Boutique, A Flair for Gifts and Home, Caring Smiles Dental, and Crunch Fitness- Beaverton.
• Finish Line Arch provided by Portland Running Company
• Safety Blinkers provided by Walker Orthodonics
• Sport-Tek CompetitorTee: Men's & Women's cuts (Purchase at the event: $10)
• Online Registration open through July 6.
• On-Site 5K & 1 Mile Check-in and Registration open 3:45-4:45 and re-opens 5-5:45 pm.
• Free BBQ dinner at finish served 5:00-6:30.
• 5K and 1 Mile Courses designed around beautiful suburban setting along lightly used roadways with good sidewalks and neighborhood asphalt trails. Volunteers along route helping with turns and cheering you on.
• Course support and intersection security provided by Beaverton Police Department. A special thank you to them and the City of Beaverton for providing event permit and counsel.
• Hydration station along Teal on 5K route at about the halfway point. Water bottles provided by Teal Blvd Safeway.
• Kid-friendly fitness games provided.
Male: Shawn Fisher 16:51 (2012)
Female: Hiruni Wijayaratne 18:22 (2012)
2016 Preview Run Oregon Blog »
2016 Recap Run Oregon Blog »
2015 Preview Run Oregon Blog »
2014 Race Recap Run Oregon Blog »