Athletics @ SW
All ministries here at Southwest Bible Church aim to contribute to the ultimate ministry of God’s Church—proclaiming Jesus Christ and building up the Body of Christ with mature disciples of His. Our Athletic ministries support this ultimate goal. We provide venues for Christians to fellowship and grow in Christ-like character while getting some good exercise in! At these sporting events, you can meet new people with common interests. This starts and builds Christ-honoring relationships that can carry over into the rest of the life of the family of believers here at SW. Personal guests of SW attenders are welcome to join them at any of the events.
Incoming 6th-8th graders are welcome to attend our summertime Sports Camp!
Summer Softball League
We have an intra-church men's league. Teams play 1x per week, early-June through August—right here on our own ball field!
Contacts to Join
Men's League: John Opferman 503-332-5282
Jason Lang 503-888-8606
Men's Basketball League 2017
Season Runs from Mid-January up to Spring Break
- Professional Referees again this year!
- $20 only for first time league participants
- $45 (or $20) needs to be paid by January 8 to assure a spot on a team roster.
- Two Separate Play Levels:
1) More Competitive (4 teams of 8 players)
2) More Recreational (teams of up to 9)
- Guests of SWBIBLE players are welcome join them on a team.
- First game free for guests. $20 for 2-3 games, $45 otherwise.
- Players 18 and older are eligible. Players ages 16 or 17 may play as a guest in the games their father/season sponsor (21 years or older) also participates.
- 25 minute running halves. Scheduled gym time for each game is 65 minutes. Plan to be ready about 5-10 minutes before published start time.
- See schedule link above for potential game times.
- Teams Formation: Commission sets the teams. Many factors are considered. Though an attempt to honor all teammate requests is made, not all can be guaranteed to work out.
Competitive: Sean Leahy 503.523.7710
Recreational: Brian O'Donnell 503.590.6542
Men's Open Gym Basketball
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5-6:15 am
Saturday 6-8 am
Thursday 7-9:30 pm
Contact: Carl Stubblefield at 503.524.7000.
Join Southwest Bible Men's Basketball group on Facebook
Adult Co-ed Volleyball
Most Tuesdays 7:00 pm
Contact Craig Hubler at 503.292.9767
7th Annual 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run
Sunday, July 8, 2018 - 5 pm
Kick-off of our 2018 Outdoor Sunday Evenings' Event Series!
• Competitive 5K race
• 5K walk
• Family-friendly 1 mile Fun Run
• Winners in various gender/age ranges will receive a medal
• Door prizes
• Free BBQ dinner following the race
All the Details
JOIN, INVITE, LIKE, SHARE, with your facebook friends online.
2016 Preview Run Oregon Blog »
2016 Recap Run Oregon Blog »
2015 Preview Run Oregon Blog »
2014 Race Recap Run Oregon Blog »
Connecting to the gospel through fly fishing instruction.
Open to men and women ages 12 and older.
(12-17 year-olds need a parent or adult sponsor)
Saturday, July 8
Saturday, August 19
Meet at the church at 7 am with a lunch and a fishing license. Return by 6 pm. No experience needed. Limited loaner gear available upon request. Fish stories guaranteed!
RSVP to: Marv Walworth 503.320.2561 or Steve Pio 503.297.9123
Middle School Sports Camp
Campers are provided the opportunity to learn the basics of soccer, basketball, volleyball, frisbee, and lacrosse. Students are grouped by grade and gender and rotated through the various sports. Each day will include Biblical truth crucial to the healthy development of character and sportsmanship.
9 AM - NOON
Need more details? Please contact Brian Bickle 503-888-7764
our field use policy
We are happy to share our field with our neighbors on a first come, first served basis. However, our neighbors must be willing and gracious to clear off the field for church sponsored events (you are invited to attend the event!) and Southwest Christian School physical education classes, and sports teams (practices and games) which require use of the field.
We do not provide restroom facilities for public use. Should your pet not understand this policy, please immediately clean up after them!
If you would like to speak further about potential field use options, please contact Carl Stubblefield
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Help us take care of our field, so we can all enjoy it!