Athletics @ SW
All ministries here at Southwest Bible Church aim to contribute to the ultimate ministry of God’s Church—proclaiming Jesus Christ and building up the Body of Christ with mature disciples of His. Our Athletic ministries support this ultimate goal. We provide venues for Christians to fellowship and grow in Christ-like character while getting some good exercise in! At these sporting events, you can meet new people with common interests. This starts and builds Christ-honoring relationships that can carry over into the rest of the life of the family of believers here at SW. Personal guests of SW attenders are welcome to join them at any of the events.
8th Annual 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run
Sunday, July 14 @ 4:30 pm
Kick-off to our 2019 Outdoor Sunday Evenings' Event Series!
- Competitive 5K race
- 5K walk
- Family-friendly 1 mile Fun Run
- Winners in various gender/age ranges will receive a medal
- Free BBQ dinner following the race
All the Details
JOIN, INVITE, LIKE, SHARE, with your facebook friends online.
2016 Preview Run Oregon Blog »
2016 Recap Run Oregon Blog »
2015 Preview Run Oregon Blog »
2014 Race Recap Run Oregon Blog »
Summer Softball League
Men's teams play 1x per week, early-June through August - right here on our own ball field!
Contacts to Join:
John Opferman 503-332-5282
Jason Lang 503-888-8606
Adult Co-ed Volleyball
Most Tuesdays 7:00 pm see calendar »
Contact Craig Hubler at 503.292.9767
Fly Fishing Fellowship
Connecting to the gospel through fly fishing instruction.
Open to men and women ages 12 and older.
(12-17 year-olds need a parent or adult sponsor)
Classroom Instruction - 9-11 am
The first Saturday in Febrary, March and April
The first Saturday in May, June and July, with a campout to Crooked River the first weekend in August.
Meet at the church at 7 am with a lunch and a fishing license. Return by 6 pm. No experience needed. Loaner gear available upon request. Fish stories guaranteed!
Contact: Marv Walworth 503.320.2561 or Steve Pio 503.297.9123
Men's Basketball League 2019
Season Runs from January 11 up to Mid-March
- Professional Referees again this year!
- $20 only for first time league participants
- First game free for guests. $20 for 2-3 games, $45 otherwise.
- Guests of SWBIBLE players are welcome join them on a team (up to 3 per team).
- $45 (or $20) needs to be paid by January 6 to assure a spot on a team roster.
- Players 18 and older are eligible. Players ages 16 or 17 may play as a guest in the games their father/season sponsor (21 years or older) also participates.
- 25 minute running halves. Scheduled gym time for each game is 65 minutes. Plan to be ready about 5-10 minutes before published start time.
- See schedule link above for potential game times.
- Teams Formation: Commission sets the teams. Many factors are considered. Though an attempt to honor all teammate requests is made, not all can be guaranteed to work out.
Commissioner: Brian O'Donnell 503.590.6542
Men's Open Gym Basketball
The following are our typical open gym times. Reference our church calendar on our SWBIBLE App to monitor daily start times and exceptions.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5-6:15 am
Saturday 6-8 am
Thursday 7-9:30 pm
Contact: Carl Stubblefield at 503.524.7000.
Join Southwest Bible Men's Basketball group on Facebook
our field use policy
We are happy to share our field with our neighbors on a first come, first served basis. However, our neighbors must be willing and gracious to clear off the field for church sponsored events (you are invited to attend the event!) and Southwest Christian School physical education classes, and sports teams (practices and games) which require use of the field.
We do not provide restroom facilities for public use. Should your pet not understand this policy, please immediately clean up after them!
If you would like to speak further about potential field use options, please contact Carl Stubblefield
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Help us take care of our field, so we can all enjoy it!